Job Title: Budgetary Supervisor
Job Code: 051
DOT Code: 160162022
Prepared By: Richard Dezendorf
Prepared Date: December 12, 1997
Approved By: David A. Barr
Approved Date: March 23, 2001
Applies principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations and estimates future revenues and expenditures to prepare budget by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Maintains budgeting systems which provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities.
- Prepares reports including mandatory state, federal, and tax reports.
- Advises management on matters such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Assists with operation of Finance Department.
- Interprets budgets to management.
- Develops and installs budgeting system.
- Neat, well groomed, appropriately dressed appearance.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree; four to six years job-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies or other employees. Ability to write business communication and complex reports. Ability to effectively present information to middle management, and/or other employees.
Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Employee acknowledges that he/she is required to maintain a high standard of professional conduct. Breach of said professional conduct includes but is not limited to: neglect of duty, dishonesty, engagement in acts that are contrary to CPSB policy, unlawful activities, or any other conduct which is seriously prejudicial to the school system.
CHAIN OF SUPERVISION
Director of Finance
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employee Name: _________________________________________ SSN: ________-____________-________
(Type or Print)
Employee Signature Date