|Title||OPERATIONS FINANCIAL MGR|
|Description||Job Title: Operations Financial Manager|
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Bluffton, Indiana
Reports to: VP of Financial Planning
The Operations Financial Manager is responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions related to cost accounting, inventories, fixed assets, billing, month-end close, forecasting, budgeting and financial reporting for the Bluffton, Indiana snack plant.
• Furnish financial information as requested by gathering and analyzing data from various resources.
• Oversee local accounting functions and work closely with management to develop a thorough understanding of the financial impact of operational decisions.
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
• Utilize ORACLE for basic functions including journal entries, miscellaneous adjustments, financial analysis, variance reporting and wherever possible to improve operating efficiencies and ensure data reliability.
• Complete annual plant and assist in corporate budget process.
• Calculate monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasting by analyzing production plans and understanding impact to PPV, material usage and manufacturing variance.
• Achieves auditor/banker requests for specific procedures and financial information.
• Manages monthly inventory physical counts and reviews final counts for accuracy before making posting entries.
• Leads monthly plant review meetings by scheduling meetings, setting up files and reviewing materials.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity by careful management of confidential and sensitive information, sharing information on an “as needed” basis only.
• Analyze monthly manufacturing activities which include materials usage and labor usage. Review plant department expenses by researching invoices and entries to the general ledger accounts.
• Assist with invoicing by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers and requesting disbursements.
• Calculate bill of material and labor router to generate the product cost.
• Set-up items for products produced in Bluffton.
• Analyze information and options by developing reports for plant management.
• Assist in calculating profit margin on potential new items.
• Research potential tax abatements, grants and other incentives related to the plant.
Direct Reports: None
Travel: Minimal on an as needed basis.
Required Experience & Skill Set:
• 8+ years accounting experience preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated success with situational analysis and resolution at a functional level and on a cross-functional basis.
• Ability to challenge the status quo where appropriate, providing alternate methods to achieve better results.
• High-level of comfort with technology solutions. Experience with ORACLE would be beneficial.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and problem-solving skills.
• Significant experience in a deadline driven environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related experience and/or training.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Occasional standing and walking required.
• Fast-paced environment that requires organizational skills and ability to manage stress.
• Flexibility in work schedule may be required.
• Requires constant reasoning, remembering, mathematical reasoning and language ability.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. The employee may be asked or required to perform other duties as needed.
|Send This Job to a Friend|