The NISC III Group at Leidos currently has an opening(s) for a Flight Procedures Air Traffic Specialist to work in our Ft. Worth, Texas office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC III mission.
In this mission we provide daily support of the NISC III contract to the following types of centers:
- Various Air Traffic Control Towers
- Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON)
- Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC)
- FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
Duties will include the following:
- Reviewing requests for charting
- Airspace development and management
- Procedure development and review
- Special events impacting the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Traffic management support
- Special Use Airspace (SUA) management
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management
- Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR)
- Procedural waiver reviews
- Document change proposals (DCP)
- Ensuring timelines and handbook requirements are met to support NAS Safety.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience or, if no degree, equivalent experience in Flight Procedures design work and/or Air Traffic Control.
- Substantial knowledge of airspace design,
- Aviation operations and/or airspace management derived from experience as a certified Air Traffic Controller.
- Flight procedures specialist, and/or air traffic procedure design work.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- 10 or more years of applicable experience.
- Experience with Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS) (highly desired)
- Previous experience in design of air traffic
- A working knowledge of some or all of the following FAA systems: TARGETS, RNAV PRO, PDARS, SDAT, OE/AAA, POET, TEMS, DACS, and/or SOAR.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.