ABC Supply, the nation’s largest distributor of select exterior building products, is currently seeking a motivated, experienced sales professional to join its success-driven team. ABC Supply has been the recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award for ten consecutive years and is proud to be an employee-first company. ABC Supply finds its success through service and is looking for a like-minded Outside Sales Representative to cultivate relationships and take its sales to the next level. At ABC Supply, Outside Sales Representatives have exclusive sales tools to enhance their success in business to business selling and have high earning potential.
As an Outside Sales Representative, you will sell residential and commercial exterior building supplies to both new and existing contractor customers. You will manage sales relationships with your existing customers and ensure that they continue to use ABC Supply for all of their exterior building product needs. You will collaborate with your Branch Manager on ways to strategically build new relationships with prospective customers in the industry. In addition, you will provide your customers with superior service as you assist them with a full range of products and services to meet their contracting needs.
Specific Outside Sales Representative duties may include:
- Cultivating and managing customer relationships
- Utilizing sales reports and other data to recognize sales opportunities in customer buying patterns
- Making cold calls to prospective customers
- Following sales leads and scheduling appointments with prospective customers
- Following up with customers and providing solutions, should a service concern arise
- Providing training to customers and their teams on various product lines and services
- Assisting customers in the credit application process
- Connecting with customers to ensure that past due bills are paid and collect payments when necessary
As an Outside Sales Representative, you must have excellent sales talents, as well as the willingness to learn the ABC Supply sales approach. It will also be very helpful to your role if you have existing knowledge of exterior building products, not only to lend credibility to your sales presentations, but also to assist the Branch Manager in the selection of new product lines.
Specific qualifications for the Outside Sales Representative position include:
- College degree (Business, Sales or other related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specific industry knowledge, including both familiarity with product lines and the overall building contractor process, is preferred but not required
- Proven experience in business development
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and own reliable vehicle
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Superior time-management and organization skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
ABC Supply values hard work and dedication and rewards its associates with an excellent compensation package. In addition to a competitive pay and commission structure, Outside Sales Representatives will receive a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits package may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flex spending
- Vehicle allowance
- Expense account
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace