American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking Sr. Software Engineers to join our growing organization. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured. Sign on Bonuses Available!
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on the events page.
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain software applications using latest Microsoft technologies, with minimal supervision.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives of complex software applications.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Unit testing as applicable.
- Provides accurate time estimates of assigned tasks and projects.
- Mentors other engineers.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicates directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Analyzes alternatives, providing a cost/benefit comparison.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- Assist in code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, SQL.
- Experience with web development programming in a client/server setup required.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with MySQL or Microsoft SQL required.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications required.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML.
- HTTP, C#, SQL optimization experience
- Experience with software design patterns required.
- Experience with designing and architecting complex enterprise level systems required.
- Experience with mentoring other programmers.
- Maintain productivity in a changing environment.
- Completing tasks in a fast paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect complex enterprise level systems.
- Expertise with SOLID design principles.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)