|Part-Time Asset Protection Associate|
|AG Kansas Store|
|At American Girl, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDAREto be innovative, andTHRIVEin a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROWwith a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCEthat emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEADby example in all that they do!|
|ASSET PROTECTION ASSOCIATE|
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl Kansas City is looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-Time Asset Protection Associate, who is committed to maintaining a safe environment for American Girl customers and employees, as well as, safeguarding company assets. The individual we seek is able to multi-task, has outstanding communication skills, and exhibits a high level of compassion and understanding while maintaining a professional detachment.
* Maintain safe environment for American Girl customers/guests and store employees by monitoring/correcting safety concerns and controlling/guiding customer traffic when needed.
* Provide external and internal customer service in a positive, friendly and professional business manner and the skill set to diffuse escalated situations.
* Prevent the loss of company assets through surveillance, conducting employee package checks and trash checks and is knowledgeable of civil and criminal laws pertaining to retail security.
* Serve as a safety mentor for store employees; lead by example.
* High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
* One to two years of loss prevention, law enforcement, criminal justice, military or security experience, preferred.
* State specific license, if applicable.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Software programs, preferred.
* Demonstrated ability working with a broad and diverse work force and customer base, including working with children, preferred.
* Must be available to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and the classic historical character line BeForever™. American Girl’s mission is to help build girls of strong character—a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys“R”Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo™ and Chapters™ in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer