Tetra Tech AMT is looking for an Air Traffic Control Specialist
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to the FAA Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs and Policy Group (AJV-14) and the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) Service Area Operations Support Group (OSG).
- Provide technical assistance related to the optimization of airspace and procedure design in PBN projects.
- Operate the Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation Traffic Simulation (TARGETS) and RNAV-Pro software. The selected candidate is expected to maintain a high degree of proficiency using these tools.
- Work with multi-disciplinary workgroups to develop Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departure (SID), Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) procedures.
- Lead or participate in procedure design workgroups using TARGETS to evaluate PBN procedure design alternatives.
- Be able to follow and comply with all applicable FAA orders, directives, and criteria in the course of designing procedures and producing associated technical data and forms.
- Review own work for accuracy and compliance with criteria.
- Participate on user evaluation teams supporting the enhancement of PBN related software, databases, project tracking tools, etc.
- Review the work of others, as directed, for accuracy and compliance with criteria.
- Coordinate as necessary or as directed with PBN workgroup stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings and produce draft meeting documents.
- Maintain proficiency using software tools necessary for procedure development, and standard office applications such as Microsoft Office.
- The candidate must be able to plan, organize, prioritize and carry out their own work duties.
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses is not available.
- Job normally requires travel up to 60% of the time, but may exceed that at times depending on FAA needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (desired) or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 15 years experience as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC) or a minimum of 10 years experience of military Terminal Procedures (TERPS) development.
- Experience, within the last three years, working with complex automation tools, CAD software, or similar applications.
- Practical experience doing technical work, especially if related to air traffic control or air traffic control procedures and airspace design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of industry standard office software (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with airspace or procedures design.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation Traffic Simulation (TARGETS) software.
- Experience participating in or mediating large multi-disciplinary workgroups.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.