Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,600 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Network Engineer/Team lead’s role is to architect, build, and implement network systems across the enterprise. The Network Engineer/Team Lead works with team members and system support personnel to develop implementation strategies and project execution planning. This includes designing, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all local and wide area network hardware, corporate servers, associated software, and communication links. Individual will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Lead team members to troubleshoot and proactively resolve network outages, performance issues, anomalies, and conduct root cause analysis.
- Ensure proper diagramming, documentation, processes and standards for the enterprise network are followed and maintained.
- Develop and implement policies for network asset management; including maintenance of network component inventory, hardware lifecycle, software releases and run books.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for firewalls, network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks.
- Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Develop plans for growth capacity to meet new or changing network demands.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, access control servers, NAC, wireless ect.
- Ensure network and application platforms are selected and architected in accordance with vendor and industry recommended practices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- Work with manager in network roadmap development and budget planning efforts.
BS in Computer Science and 6+ years working as a Sr. Network Engineer with at least 2+ years in a team lead or network architect role, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Expert knowledge of Cisco IOS and Nexus networking technologies. Preferred skills in current data center technologies, Juniper, ASA and Palo Alto Firewall Platforms, InfoBlox, CUCM, TACACS, Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ISE, SolarWinds.
Current CCNP, CCIE certification a plus.
Experience in DFAR and NIST compliance documentation a plus.
Ability to obtain a government security clearance is required for this position.