Thisposition is responsible for full lifecycle project management from inception ofprojects through feasibility to project completion using project managementtools and concepts. This role would lead the company’s large, high value andcomplex projects and work across the organization to mentor others to leadprojects of medium to small scope and complexity.
Primary Job Functions
- Managing projects across the company to include site expansion and start up, product growth strategies, high value, strategic, and enterprise wide systems implementation.
- Leveraging internal and external people, systems and process to facilitate successful completion of projects
- Working across multiple functions and employee levels to accomplish goals in a collaborative manner.
- Collaborating with the Product Managers and Engineers on major new product development projects from VOC to product launch
- Train all staff levels in the organization on project management techniques, tools and resources.
- Developing project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Creating, maintaining and organizing necessary documentation and records; responsible for the quality of project deliverables and documentation.
- Oversees and prepares project team budget including resources and costs by collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Identifying, documenting and communicating project risks and contingency plans through robust project management skills.
- Tracking and communicating project status, key milestones, plans, issues, timelines, action items and budgets.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions; act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercising scope management with consideration for the customer, team, and company needs.
- Promoting a proactive, professional culture within the company to contribute to the organization’s success.
- Contributing to the development and continuous improvement current and future systems, processes and related procedures.
- This position interacts with alllevels of internal staff. That interaction requires strong oral and writtencommunication skills.
- Works on assignments that arecomplex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and makingroutine recommendations.
- Provides project management leadershipto division
- Effectiveness in this role alsorequires functional knowledge of corporate operations and the facilitylayout. Ability to recognize deviationfrom accepted practice is required.
- Accuracy is required inperforming all functions of this position; errors in work could negativelyimpact the business.
- Has contact with all levels of colleagues inall areas of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a teamenvironment.
- This position interacts with all levels ofinternal staff, vendors and customers.
- That interaction requires strong verbal andwritten communication skills.
- Effectiveness in this role also requiresfunctional knowledge of corporate operations.
- Bachelors’degree in business related area, preferably in engineering or manufacturingrelated discipline
- Product designand / or manufacturing experience
- 8-10 years ofindustry experience including 4 years of experience in progressive projectmanagement roles.
- Advancedunderstanding and ability adhere to established quality standards andregulatory compliance requirements with ISO standards
- Proven abilityto lead program teams from concept to completion and within specifiedtimeframes
- Strong understandingof project management challenges and methods for resolution.
- Ability toresolve most day-to-day issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Demonstratedskills using MS Project or related software for Project Management
- Ability tosuccessfully lead and manage key stakeholders including senior leadership
- ProjectManagement Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
- Acceptablecombination of skills and/or experience
- This positionrequires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have theability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/orpull up to 20 pounds
- Must have theability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping,crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling,feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
- Visual acuity isrequired to inspect work completed
- This role may besubject to internal and external environmental conditions