James N. Gamble Montessori High School
- Instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- The student-athlete shall also receive instruction and guidance that will lead to the formulation and enhancement of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, self-confidence and good sportsmanship.
- Cooperates in a timely manner with the Athletic Office in regarding requests for all rosters, bus departure times, physical, parent permission and emergency medical forms, pre-season and post-season reports, program information relative to that sport or any other additional information that might be periodically required. Checks on status of academic eligibility for all prospective team members. Works cooperatively with the Athletic Department.
- Follows Athletic Department Policy as outlined in the Coaches Handbook and meets all criteria as outlined in the job description. Recognizes the need to be aware of and implement all applicable administrative policies set forth by the Board of Education, Superintendent of Schools, School Principal, the Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference, the Fort Ancient Valley Conference, Miami Valley Conference, Eastern Cincinnati Conference, Ohio Valley Athletic League and the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- Schedules and completes a full season of contests including the entire League schedule of regular season contests.
- Begins pre-season practice on the first day permitted for that sport by the OHSAA.
- Enters his/her team in the OHSAA-sponsored State Tournament for that sport and competes in all scheduled contests.
- Provides all applicable in-season training rules as well as any that may apply to out-of-season conduct to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follows appropriate due process procedures when violations occur.
- Sets a positive example at all times while with athletes and Is appropriately dressed at all practices and games.
- Participates in clinics and other available programs to improve coaching performance.
- Participates in Awards Night programs, pep assemblies and Athletic Boosters meetings.
- Maintains suitable sideline conduct including the use of appropriate language at all games with respect to players, officials and fans.
- Meets all requirements of the State Board of Education relative to certification to coach.
- Shows physical vitality and enthusiasm for the sport and uses good judgment in decision-making.
- Accepts and profits from constructive criticism and suggestions for improving coaching performance.
- Is competent in the techniques of the sport. Players respond positively to directions given by coach and demonstrate the ability to adapt properly to changing game situations.
- Develops respect through his/her example in appearance, behavior, language and conduct at all times.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in matters pertaining to the sport. Looks at ways to constantly improve knowledge and coaching technique. Is innovative in using new coaching techniques and ideas in addition to already proven methods of coaching.
- Game plans and strategies reflect the positive utilization of scouting reports, videotape exchanges (where applicable), etc. Team is well prepared for opponent(s).
- Provides motivation for team to meet/exceed their goals and stresses the value of acceptable personal behavior by each team member. Actively promotes good sportsmanship at all times.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrated knowledge of skills associated with this activity.
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team member & parents.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate preferred.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a county police records check and the State BCII and FBI fingerprint background checks. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit, provide proof of current C.P.R. certification, provide satisfactory completion of the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching, and What You Need to Know About Concussions courses.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Supplemental Annual Limited
SALARY: Per Schedule E of current C.F.T. Labor Agreement
Reports To: Principal
Application Procedure: Apply Online
Selection Procedure: Interview