Under general direction, ensures timely processing of workers’ compensation claims; evaluates incident reports to determine accuracy and completeness; ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations; provides guidance to employees and all departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluate incident reports for accuracy and completeness.
2. Enter incident reports into the Succeed Risk Management Center online portal for submission to the third-party administrator.
3. Provide medical documentation on injured workers to the third-party administrator and Company supervisors to ensure everyone is current on medical and work status; maintain and update employee’s workers’ compensation injury status; maintain and update workers’ compensation files.
4. Engage employees in the interactive process and arrange accommodations based on the injured employee’s Work Status Report.
5. Reconcile the LOA and Zero Hour reports to ensure employees are properly classified and appropriate actions are taken.
6. Maintain a tracking system to enable compliance with OSHA record keeping and annual filing requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Working knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act and other applicable federal and state statutes and regulations.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Succeed Risk Management Center, Vision, Taleo and UltiPro.
3. Working knowledge of HR procedures and files.
4. Ability to obtain facts that assure incident reports are accurate and complete; efficiently process claims; and balance casework loads.
5. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. provides Equal Employment and Affirmative Action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. PPO License Number 6822.