The primary purpose of the RN - Clinic Staff Educator is to provide clinic-based staff education, training and development to support the competencies and learning needs of the Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and Medical Assistants in the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinics NETX region (Longview/Tyler/Winnsboro/Sulphur Springs/Jacksonville/Palestine markets). This Educator will foster empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education, and leadership development. The Clinic Based Staff Educator is to communicate with leadership to support identified clinical staff needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing - Bachelor of Sicence in Nursing (BSN) is required. Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) is preferred. Must obtain MSN within 3 years from hire date.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- BLS (CPR), ACLS & PALS certified through the American Heart Association. If certification(s) are not current, must obtain within 90 days of hire date.
- Must obtain nursing specialty certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2-4 years nursing experience with 2 years nursing supervisor or nursing educator experience.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards is required
- Prefer candidate to have autoclaving and sterile processing experience or be willing to obtain training within 90 days of hire date.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office: Work, Excel and Powerpoint. Pefer experience in a electronic medical record or EPIC.
- Must be proficient in nursing equipment used in the clinic setting.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills. Strong in both oral and written communication.