Description: The Patient Financial Services Manager (PFS) manages, monitors, and implements improvement to the performance and effectiveness of the processes to create compliant claims, and resolve outstanding insurance accounts receivable. The PFS Manager will also assist in leading multiple complex projects that build new, or improve upon existing capabilities of the back-end of the revenue cycle including billing, collections, and resolution.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to staff, to improve job competencies and drive performance to achieve operational goals in the areas of customer service, quality, A/R resolution and collection, according to industry best practices, and utilizing innovative thinking where appropriate.
- Perform regular assessments of individual and departmental performance, identifying areas of opportunity and implementing course-correcting action plans to achieve targets.
- Support the PFS Director in managing national and regional PFS (within Revenue Cycle) projects simultaneously while managing and overseeing the efforts of project team members.
- Drive business value through business owner partnerships to identify problems and define optimal outcomes.
- Manage regional business relationships and understand regional needs while building commitment to project solutions.
- Acts as internal audit control process owner for standard PFS functions impacting SOX controls.
- Conducts routine assessments of individual and departmental performance, identifying areas of opportunity and implementing course-correcting action plans to achieve targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.