The Robotics Electrical Engineer will actively participate in the innovation and product development process by identifying and implementing solutions that will improve current portfolio of robotics products and enable creation of future robotics products.
As part of the cross functional R&D team, you will be actively involved in exploring new technologies, conceptualizing and defining the initial product, building proof of concept models, and developing product specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for product conceptual development and proof of concept building
- Establishing engineering direction and leading engineering reviews
- Creating product and performance specifications
- Estimating product costs and recommending cost reduction options
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary team on innovative concept designs
- MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in the medical device industry
- Extensive experience in rapidly prototyping, troubleshooting and simulating electronic circuits using CAD software (Altium or equivalent).
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and analog small signal electronics (signal conditioning, filtering, amplification and high speed).
- Proficient in using and developing drivers based from industrial communication protocols (I2C,SPI,CAN, UDP,TCP, Ethercat, RS232,RS485, USB).
- Experience in working with sensing devices such as temperature, pressure, inertial measurement unit, position, distance (ToF, ultrasound), strain, force and encoders.
- Experience in using and developing drivers for wireless interface (BT, BLE, Wifi) and in designing battery operated devices.
- Basic understanding of medical safety requirements and capability to identify hardware requirements and satisfy them through electrical design.
- Experience in using Linux and Unix systems (including embedded) and RTOS, developing applications in C or C++ and development on FPGA using HDL or equivalent language.
- Understanding of control theory, sensing data fusion and digital filtering.
- Experience in modeling systems in Labview and in Hardware in Loop (HIL) development