Reporting to the Vice President, Customer Success, the IT HUB Leader is a newly created role leading the effective and efficient delivery of infrastructure services to all of Delaware North which includes planning, design, development, support, management and maintenance of the network, servers, Windows systems, desktop management, process controls, telecommunications, and data centers. The successful person leading in this role will manage a team of engineers to develop and deliver infrastructure projects, configuration templates, infrastructure deployment, and system management operating seamlessly with a Network Operations Center. This position will preferabley be based out of Toronto, ONT, Canada alternately Buffalo, NY- USA.
- Develop and lead technology initiatives to deliver infrastructure capabilities for projects and ongoing management and support through development and partnership with a network operations center (NOC).
- Build and maintain key elements of the enterprise infrastructure and related day to day support, including but not limited to global infrastructure management, mobility, cloud technologies, wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, Active Directory, global WAN, telecom solutions, storage, compute, backups and disaster recovery.
- This function operates across a global organization to drive operations excellence, maintain reliable foundational services, and be a champion for repeatable best practices.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's business strategy.
- Analyzes the IT environment and infrastructure services to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing infrastructure estate.
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across infrastructure services.
Bases decisions on fact and adopts a disciplined yet practical approach.
- Prepare and manage Hub, project, capital and expense budgets. Identify cost saving opportunities and apply effective cost management measures.
- Develops and controls the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for operations to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Develops budget forecasts based on current and projected load
- Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics.
- Manage area resource capacity, scheduling and capability development
Delivers physical and resource capacity planning for hub resources.
- Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities are delivered for infrastructure operations.
- Maintains strict controls on data/system backups and recoverability across the enterprise
- Oversee the documentation of all operations activities related to support of compliance mandates, including PCI (patching), data privacy, and cyber-security.
- Promotion of shared applications and infrastructure to cut expenditures and enhance the flow of information.
- Develops technology standards, change management processes and performance metrics to ensure operations delivers value to the enterprise.
Maintains overall security in line with Corporate Policies on network/systems and our business subsidiaries.
- Manage Hub infrastructure staff and location needs
- Manage NOC services and contract
- Provides formal supervision and coaching for the Infrastructure team and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT services
- Develop and communicate organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develop and manage relationships with key vendors for infrastructure support.
- Oversees Network Operations Center relationship and contract ensuring Delaware North’s needs are cost effectively served using objective data points and customer surveys to measure KPIs.
- Partner with Information Security to ensure infrastructure and operations align with security strategy and policies.
- Remain active in external networks to proactively integrate new technologies as business needs change.
Collaborates with stakeholders to execute infrastructure implementation for subsidiary integrations and divestitures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Information Management, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Information Technology with escalating responsibilities including management of an engineering team with P&L responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a customer experience (CX) lens to infrastructure and operations activities
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure management
- Demonstrated experience in working with globally distributed resources preferably with shared services model.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, such as leadership, facilitation, collaboration and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly matrixed environment, and align to common vision, objectives, and outcomes.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written).
- Ability to clarify complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals.
- Strong negotiation and vendor relationship management skills is required.
- Strong working knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- In-depth expertise in software, hardware and systems engineering.
- Organizational, project and program management planning skills.
- Experience in financial modeling.
- Extensive knowledge of various disciplines in Technology such as, network management, systems, cloud technologies, call center, security, disaster recovery, data integrity, operating environments, and data center support.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible.
- Strong change management knowledge using software repositories for configuration scripts and code.
- Travel: 10%
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.