Our Ideal Manager of Advanced Analytics will possess a solid leadership acumen and the strong ability to direct and oversee the corporate data science program. The department supports all subsidiaries and senior executives through development of reporting and advanced analytics including predictive modeling for driving the organization’s objectives and vision.
What Great Looks Like
You’ll leverage your skills to provide leadership and support using data science and advanced analytics modelling to provide insights, automate business actions, and improve the speed and quality of core decisions executed across the enterprise.
The role provides expertise in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling, including: standards and processes to prepare and explore data; design, build, and implement models; and evaluate and report model performance.
Our culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by Delaware North are core reasons people enjoy working on the Data Analytics team.
Core Objectives Include:
- Advanced Analytics – Oversee development of data analysis methodologies for targeting high yield opportunities through improved efficiencies of marketing, financial and operational initiatives.
- BI Reporting – Oversee design, development and implementation of BI platforms for trending or analysis that highlights performance indicators for operational management.
- Standardized Reporting Metrics – Lead the design, developments, review of measurements, execution of reports and analytics necessary to support high yield operational initiatives for each of the subsidiaries.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Communicates strategy and analytic results to subsidiary leaders in an actionable way. This includes directing a team of data scientists and analysts in support of the company’s objectives.
- Advocate and facilitate analytical projects and the use of predictive and prescriptive models (marketing optimization, inventory forecasting, risk management, compliance, performance management, revenue optimization, etc.)
- Oversee development while providing expertise on data science tools, techniques and methodologies; e.g., regression, decision tree, time series, neural network, clustering, dimensional reduction, text analytics). Collaborate with and mentor division analysts & data scientists to increase data science usage in their respective areas
- Review KPI measurements of operational initiatives with aligning corporate and subsidiary business strategy.
- Establish and document modeling standards and processes, including: identify and define problem, and design approach; prepare, explore, transform, and select data; build, validate, and deploy model; and monitor and evaluate results. Innovate new ways of problem solving that draw from best practices and innovations from other industries
- Coordination of A/B or multivariate tests and other continual process improvement initiatives related to both marketing campaigns, operational initiatives, new business development to stimulate best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Well-informed of current and emerging trends in advanced analytics, including: statistics, data analysis, machine learning, data mining, and data management. Apply and transfer knowledge
Skills & Qualifications:
- We are seeking a candidate with a Master’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related, with 10+ years of experience in quantitative roles.
- 5+ years of SAS, R, Python, or other related languages.
- Prior management experience in an analytic based environment.
- Experience with data warehousing and BI toolsets required.
- Experience with business requirements development and deployment of SAS, Cognos, Oracle or other statistical software platforms.
- Experience with AWS Environment, Redshift, Jupiter Notebook a plus.
- Must be able to travel 10 - 15% as required.
- Experience working in an agile environment and collaborating with the team to solve technical challenges using rapid and iterative development.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly with business partners.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- 10+ years of hospitality analytics
- Knowledge of fundamental marketing concepts such as positioning, segmentation, consumer behavior, etc. understanding of complex digital ecosystems and metrics available for collection and analysis
- Knowledge of time series models, segmentation techniques, marketing response models, etc.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.