Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 108819
Pharmaceutical Program Manager
Location: United States : Birmingham, AL
Function: Overall Supporting Function
Career Level: Senior professionals (> 5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Corporation
Business Line: Health Care
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
The Senior Manager, Project Management is responsible for direction and management of customer projects. This position focuses on proactive project management, assessing resources on those projects and assuring programs are run expeditiously and scientifically sound. All other project managers in the group report to this position. This position develops tools that aid project managers in monitoring program execution and regularly reports such progress to the site management team. This position is centrally involved in developing 12-month financial forecasts based on current and projected stemming from business development activities. This position interacts directly with client representatives and is responsible, in part, for building and maintaining such client relationships.
- Direct project managers in efficient and effective project execution
- Management of complex customer projects
- Interact with internal functional groups (R&D, Legal, BD, IPM, Finance, QA, QC, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering, etc) to assist project managers with project activities essential to successful project execution.
- Assign project managers to programs assuring balance of activities
- Aid in resource (labor and facilities) allocation across projects
- Manage alliances to assure that strong client relationships are maintained
- Develop and implement effective reporting to update the balance of management on financial and project changes
- Assure 12 month forecasts based on current and anticipated project funding are updated and reported
- Work to minimize gaps in funding via work scope increases and amendments to current programs
- Work within larger senior management team to assure projects are adequately staffed
- Interact as needed with customers to resolve contractual issues
- Develop strategies metrics to assess and improve project management and execution
- Work to assure that intellectual property developed is used as appropriate on all programs
- Assure project managers and teams adhere to details as defined in business agreements
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor
- Review cost estimates for product development and manufacturing proposals
- Review proposals and change orders prior to submission to customers
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in project management preferably in a CMO or CDMO environment
- Degree in a technical discipline (pharmaceutical science, chemistry, biology or engineering), MBA or equivalent business experience highly desirable
- Strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead small teams focused on executing programs of a highly technical nature.
- Ability to interact with multiple internal functional areas at different levels to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customer representatives to ensure program success
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding of legal documents, terminology and legal concepts
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the development process for pharmaceutical products, preferably injectable drug products
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 108819
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.