Why Join Altec?
Imagine this…your own company-provided late model, light duty pick-up truck, with the special tools and parts you need to get the job done! You progress with on-going factory training and development, world-class technical support, and a company drawing on 90 years of experience in providing products and services. You supply hands-on technical ability, the skill for building customer relationships, a passion for challenging problem-solving, and the desire to take ownership of a workplace that is bigger than a shop environment can provide.
Become a technical expert in a company that custom designs, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services products that are industry leaders, honoring our commitment to be there for the life of the equipment.
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Please send resume to email@example.com
And apply now at jobs.altec.com
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Experience and/or educational background related to mechanics, electronics, or hydraulic systems
- Related experience: truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment; construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) repair
- Overtime and shift work may be required. In addition, hourly schedules are not likely to be uniform day-to-day and there can be extensive travel to meet customer needs
- Able to develop the computer skills necessary to complete support duties
- Physical effort is required to move objects and service-related tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment
- Able to properly maintain the assigned company vehicle and vehicle inventory
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Current valid Driver’s License; able to pass periodic physical examinations as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation and/or Altec
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices
Complete on-the-job and classroom training in the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of the product line and associated repair/service procedures so as to be successful as a Mobile Technician.
- Uphold Altec’s safety commitment as well as any safety requirements of the customers
- Determine overall condition of machines through inspections and provide maintenance
- Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and/or repair
- Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customers
- Keep current on recordkeeping, parts ordering/inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, and customer invoicing
- Utilize operators and parts & maintenance manuals in determining procedures and identifying parts
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.