Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Company provides structural engineering services for a variety of project types nationwide, with an emphasis on buildings and other vertical construction. SSE develops individuals according to their strengths.Weoffer a progressive culture with great people and opportunities to learn and advance your career, along with competitive benefits and salaries.
- 10 days of PTO plus sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Training programs
- Competitive healthcare and 401k package
- Challenging assignments
- Career advancement opportunities
This position is primarily responsible for accomplishing the firms project objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates clear and attainable project objectives (defining project deliverables, budgets and schedules).
- Builds the project requirements.
- Manages the constraints of projects (cost, time, scope and quality).
- Prioritizes work assignments to meet project objectives.
- Ensures that project are completed on time and on budget.
- Manages structural engineering resources, including the assignment of structural engineering staff, to meet workload requirements.
- Oversees the structural quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program for in-house designs.
- Acts as the companys representative to the client.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to be capable of understanding and discussing the constraints of a project.
- Determines and implements the exact needs of the client to ensure that the key issues of cost, time, quality and client satisfaction can be realized.
- Prepares project proposals and negotiates design contracts.
- Assists responding to Request for Proposals by establishing design budgets.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Oversees the establishment of design budgets and schedules for companys underwriting process.
- Coordinates with other company team members critical dates and sharing of innovations learned during development projects.
- Attends meetings at the construction site and/or design office.
- Tracks costs versus budget
- Upholds the ethics and values of the company.
- Reviews invoices for projects responsible for.
- Develops new business relationships through referrals and marketing efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree (BA) in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering field from an accredited four-year college or university and more than six years of professional structural engineering experience. Employee must have a valid Certificate of Registration as a Civil Engineer issued by a State Board of Registration. This registration must be maintained throughout the employees employment.
Employee must have more than two years of experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
Alaska Contract Staffing