DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Our Corporate Tax Department is looking for a Sr. Tax Technology Associate.
The responsibilities will fall under the following categories:
- Monitor multiple indirect tax engines, billing systems, and tax reports.
- Manage monthly Vertex tax engine updates for multiple entities.
- Identifies and recommends process and system improvements. Participates in implementing efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve tax tech technology issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor various company initiatives and the impact to indirect tax.
- Configure and test taxability setups in Vertex. Work with IT to ensure changes are operating correctly.
- Assist in the design process to streamline data and reporting using Alteryx.
- Work with team members of business units to reduce the impact of indirect taxes on proposed transactions.
- Communicate system changes to impacted groups within the tax department as well as internal stakeholders.
- Minimize company tax liabilities by staying abreast of reporting changes and by analyzing existing methods for calculating taxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects related to indirect tax.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Sr. Tax Technology Associate will have the following:
- Knowledge of Sales and Use taxability, VAT, business licenses/gross receipts tax and related reporting to tax authorities.
- BS Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business, 3+ years of experience within Sales/Use Tax; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Vertex Tax Products.
- Intermediate Excel and Word proficiency.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational abilities with attention to details.
- Ability to meet deadlines.