Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Petco Park, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, and retail for our partner, the MLB’s San Diego Padres. We’re working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be. For more information, please visit www.delawarenorth.com/california-sportservice
Under the direction of Retail Management, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets and acknowledges guests.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly.
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience in cash handling required.
- Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system .
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.